Sweat It Out is a Sydney based label created by the late and great AJAX. Central Station Records has a long history in the Australian dance music scene dating back to 1976.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for music to assist the team with music distribution, general office administration, marketing, PR strategies and updating relevant social media for key brands, including Sweat It Out, Club Sweat, Central Station Records, Tinted Records, Dinky Records, October Records, Dark Machine Records and Soul Modern.
A background in music, digital distribution or media is advantageous, but not essential for the right candidate with attention to detail and an ability to juggle a heavy workload.
Distribution coordination tasks include:
- Assistance with digital deliveries; asset collections, metadata creation, delivery to distribution partners and release schedule management
- Maintain Central Station and Sweat It Out catalog number and barcode logs
- Work closely with A&R in sourcing audio, label copy and artwork for releases.
Work closely with the Promotions and Advertising Manager:
- Participate in the update of the PR contact database
- Help with the press/blog pitch
- Responsible for collecting all updates on DSPs, graphics, radio, blogs/press, club, for regular campaign reporting to stakeholders
- Responsible for managing new releases of externally curated Spotify playlists and developing relationships with playlisters
- Establish campaign schedules and communicate with stakeholders through ASANA
- Manage record keeping of final public relations materials; including press releases, press photos, timelines, pitch sheets, PR calendars and campaign reports
- Help create and format press releases in Mailchimp
Missions of the Marketing Coordinator:
- Creation and sharing of Linkfires/Assets
- Collecting and preparing marketing data for campaign reports
- Help with social media management
- Work with the design department to create the visuals needed to market and promote certain releases, including shareable graphics, channel art, ads, etc.
- Review release campaign schedules created by A&R and Marketing Manager and assist in rollout, including contacting select artists and partners and uploading content to Facebook, Instagram and YouTube and Central Station & Sweat It Out websites.
- General office administrative duties include ordering stationery and office supplies, managing studio booking schedule and checking equipment after use, and stocking kitchen and bathroom supplies.
- Music management/public relations or related qualification would be desirable
- 1-2 years in a marketing/admin assistant role
- A strong desire to work in the music industry, especially electronic music and dance
- A solid understanding of PR, marketing and digital concepts
- Proven editorial skills – preferably in electronic music
- A good understanding of the digital youth media landscape
- Advanced office administration skills, including time management and computer skills
No distinction in recruitment or selection will be made between individuals in such a way as to disadvantage some and benefit others. Factors such as gender, race, age or disability, which are in most cases unrelated to employment decisions, will not be considered when making employment decisions. ‘use.